Trekking down the Whanganui River offers you the opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime while engaging in a fun and physical challenge. The Whanganui Great Walk is renowned for the majestic natural beauty it features alongside the diverse flora and fauna of the region. At Canoe Safaris, we’ve spent nearly 40 years exploring these waters, learning the campsites, and becoming attuned to the land. When you want to get away from the chaos of your daily life, put down the phone, and disconnect from the internet; this is the way. Whether you’d like to explore the Whanganui or the Rangitikei rivers, our highly experienced guides are ready to lead the way.
Things You Can Learn About the Rangitikei River with Canoe Safaris
The area surrounding the Rangitikei is a lush and rich area with much to offer to travellers, no matter how much time you have to spend exploring. Whether you opt for our day-long canoe safari or you prefer to see as much as possible over four days, our guides are highly knowledgeable and always quick with a story. Some of what you’ll learn along the way might include:
- What type of wildlife lives in the area, what makes the region so special, and even interesting and little-known facts about the area’s long and storied history.
- How to safely navigate faster currents and rapid sections of water. While much of your journey involves a relaxing time, there’s plenty to feel excited about, too.
- Where to camp and what to do when you’re ashore. From waterfalls to natural stands of very old trees, we know all the best spots in the area.
What Makes Canoe Safaris a Reputable Service?
Setting off down a river to navigate its currents for days at a time can prove to be an exciting adventure, but safety should always be the top priority. This activity is no amusement park, after all — this is nature in all its glory. So how can you trust our team to guide your group? Here’s what you need to know:
- We take safety seriously. At every step of the way, we take all the precautions necessary to make sure every member of your group has a worry-free experience.
- Our guides have years of experience and all the necessary qualifications to take you and your group downriver.
- It’s not just safety, we actually care about our guest’s experience, so are focussed on taking away all of the organising and logistics, so you can focus on enjoying one of life’s great experiences, a multi-day canoe journey in a remote wilderness.
- Our testimonials speak for themselves. See what others have had to say about our services after they completed their Whanganui or Rangitikei journeys. https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Attraction_Review-g311324-d2268199-Reviews-Canoe_Safaris-Ohakune_Manawatu_Wanganui_Region_North_Island.html
We’re proud of our track record and our ability to keep guests safe during our explorations.
How Much Do You Know About the Rangitikei River?
Among the longest rivers in New Zealand, the Rangitikei is one of the best places for canoeing and kayaking in the country, and is so underrated that you can sometimes not see anyone else for the entire trip. Want to learn more about it, first-hand? Don’t hesitate to ask questions; our guides will always be happy to answer with what they know. Find out more about these scenic trips in NZ now, or enquire today about booking.